Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-10-18 Origin: Site
capacitive film switches have been very popular among similar products. So how do we choose the right capacitive film switch? What are the characteristics of capacitive film switches?
l What is the structure of the capacitive film switch?
l What are the advantages of capacitive film switches?
l How to select capacitive film switch?
capacitive switches typically require three layers to function. Graphic overlay, circuit layer and substrate material. The graphic covering layer may be any non-conductive material of different thickness, including; Glass, polyester, polycarbonate, acrylic materials and many other non-conductive materials. The circuit layer can be a thin plastic bending circuit, or a sensing pad arranged on a rigid PCB. The backing material can be metal backing board, glass, plastic, or glued to a part of the product. It is also possible to attach a flexible circuit to the inside of the sealed container to protect the electronics in harsh environments. Capacitive switch structures can be more complex, depending on backlight selection or shielding requirements.
1. Proximity sensing - capacitive switches can have built-in proximity sensing options to add functionality to your product
2. Enhanced Features - capacitive switches can incorporate unique switching features such as sliders, wheels, locking keys and other features.
3. Metal Overcover - Special capacitive switches and sensors can be manufactured using metal overcover technology, which allows conductive material to cover the sensor area.
4. Haptic feedback - Haptic feedback can still be implemented on capacitive switches by using haptics and other methods
1. Good appearance: The surface of the film made of the panel is smooth and consistent, without mechanical damage, scratches, inclusions, stains and other surface defects.
2. Membrane switches have better chemical resistance: The panel layer may be exposed to different chemicals, but should have some resistance to most common chemicals such as alcohols, ethers, mineral oils, etc.
3. Membrane switch weather resistance is good: the panel layer is the surface layer of the membrane panel exposed to the natural environment, the panel material must be able to withstand certain natural environmental conditions without deformation, cracking, aging, discoloration.
4. Good stability of membrane switch size: membrane plate required to make the membrane plate in a certain temperature range (generally -40℃~ 55℃) no significant change in size.
5. Elastic requirements: the panel layer is required to have a certain resilience. At the same time, the elastic deformation of the membrane plate is small, which can be judged by the
elongation of the material. Generally speaking, if the elongation is large, the elastic deformation is also large, and the resilience is poor.
If you are looking for a good quality and reasonable price of Capacitive Membrane Switches, LuphiTouch can provide you with the best